ASUS FX553VD Laptop Is Actually A GL553VD At A Way Cheaper Price
Sometimes taking steps into the right direction creates a huge difference & looks like ASUS is determined to take right steps differently. The latest example of this, is the ASUS FX553VD that is literally the ROG GL553VD minus the ROG branding.
You may haven’t heard of it but, this thing has simmilar hardware & even design aesthetics match upto 90% with the ROG GL553. Let’s have a look at the Specifications of the FX553VD,
- Display: 15.6″ (1920×1080) 60Hz Anti-Glare Panel with 45% NTSC
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 7700HQ
- Chipset: Intel® HM175 Express
- RAM: 8GB (Upto 32GB Supported)
- ROM: 1TB HDD @7200 RPM
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 , with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM
- I/O: 1 x Type A USB3.0 (USB3.1 GEN1), 2 x Type A USB3.0 (USB3.1 GEN1), 1 x USB 2.0 port(s), 1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert, 1 x HDMI
- Battery: 4 Cells 48 Whrs Battery
- OS: Endless OS (Linux)
So, the main difference seems to be that, the FX553VD has 2 Gigs of VRAM instead of having 4 Gigs of VRAM like the GL553VD. But, there is actually more to it. The screen is also different. Though both devices have a 15.6 inch 1080P display, the NTSC color gamut is actually 72% on the GL553VD while the screen on FX553VD is having 45% NTSC. Also, you’re not getting the RGB keypad on the FX553VD.
So, the FX553VD is definitely not for color accurate work like photo & video editing but, it’s actually a pretty good deal for gamers. Consider this, the FX553VD is priced at almost 75K INR at amazon.in. Add 8K INR more for a copy of Windows 10 & it’s sill at 83K. But, the GL553VD is priced at almost 100K at amazon.in. That means you can save 17K INR if you get the FX553VD instead of the GL553VD.
So, if you want to play games & the ROG branding is not crucial for you, the FX553VD is probably a better choice.