Yes you heard it right this time. Intel is coming with their 8th Generation of Core series processors on August 21st, 2017 ! This brings a successor series to the not so old 7th Generation Kaby Lake Processors.
With Kaby Lake, the most noticeable improvement over Skylake series was on the Thermal Output side. But, in terms of RAW performance, there was not much noticeable difference at all. So, with the upcoming 8th Gen Core Processors we are expecting a lot from Intel. Here’s what we are expecting,
- Processors made upon 10nm Process Technology
- 40% or more performance increase over Kaby Lake
- Less heat output compared to Kaby Lake
- 8-core not so expensive i7 variants
- Improved Integrated Intel Graphics (The current gen sucks in this section)
- Thunderbolt 4 connectivity support
- Higher number of PCIe lanes in consumer level processors
So that being said, we’re really looking forward to the upcoming generation of Intel Core Series processors. The live stream can be viewed on either the Intel’s Facebook Page or Intel Newsroom from 8 am PDT on August 21. So, are you exited ? Let us know in the comments section right below this article !