If you have an Android Smartphone, then you must be aware of mobile hotspot. If you are one of those users who are unaware of setting up hotspot on your mobile device, then this is the perfect solution for you. In this guide we will share, how you can create your own Wifi hotspot and connect multiple devices to access internet simultaneously and wirelessly.
Note: As mobile hotspot feature draws a lot of power, ensure that your device is enough charged otherwise connect it to power source.
For setting up a hotspot in Android, you don’t have to install any kind of external software’s or apps. This feature is present in all Android devices. For setting up a mobile hotspot on your Android device you will have to follow these few steps and you’re good to go.
Note: I am using an ASUS Smartphone
- Open settings on your device.
- Now select the more option in the settings tab.
- You can now see the Tethering option.Now select the Tethering option.
- Once you are in the Tethering menu you have to select the Setup Wi-Fi hotspot option. After that, you will have to setup your hotspot by setting the name, password, and security.
- Select save and you have successfully setup your Wi-Fi hotspot. Finally, enable/ turn on the portable Wi-Fi hotspot and you are done.
Here Network name (My ASUS) [You can change it if you want] specifies the name(SSID) of your wifi hotspot which will be visible on other devices. Giving a name to network is pretty similar like you have a name for your device when connecting to bluetooth. This name will make it easy to scan and find within your circle.
You should know: Protect Mobile Hotspot
Things to know about mobile hotspot Wi-Fi:
The range of the mobile hotspot is about 30 feet but if there are any obstacles in between the range of the signals become short.
- When using mobile hotspot data rates may apply.
- Lastly, after you are done using your hotspot don’t forget to turn off your hotspot as it may drain your battery and your mobile data can get over very quickly.