YouTube Brings A Fresh New Look To It’s Platform – This Is All You Need To Know !
YouTube just gave it’s Desktop & Mobile Platforms a fresh new look. So, the most striking change was the Logo & there were mixed reactions about it. But, the overall design of the platform has also changed by shifting to an improved Materialistic Design.
So, as I have already mentioned, the changes were made to both the Desktop & Smartphone app interfaces. The Smartphone App got some new features as well.
In the official YouTube Blog Post, they mentioned that they’ve made quite a few changes in their Mobile App Platform. These include,
- A new & improved design with improvements in Navigation Tabs & separation of Library & Account tabs.
- Keeping the Double-tap to Rewind/Forward gesture while adding a Swipe To Jump from one Video to another gesture . The Swipe To Jump feature is not available right now but, will be added soon in near future.
- Ability to watch videos in Fast or Slow pace.
- Match the Player’s shape depending on the type of the video (i.e. Vertical, Horizontal, Square etc.). This feature will also be added later.
- Addition of a Row of Suggested Videos in full-screen mode below the progress bar. Some visual & functional changes may take place soon in this segment as well.
For the Desktop platform, there was quite a few changes as well. Basically being the new Material Design adaption & ability to switch to Dark Mode. But, in case you can’t see these changes in your Desktop, you need to go to youtube.com/new to adapt these features first.
So, what are your thoughts on this new look, features & specially the new logo of YouTube ? Let us know in the comments section right below this article !