Enable YouTube Dark Theme
Why not bring some change to the way your YouTube page looks and feels. How if someone told you that you could change the theme on your Youtube’s page. Google has previously also had such types of experiments on several of its other services. But now we have come to know that even YouTube has a similar feature which is quite easy to get just by following some easy steps. So, follow these steps and you are good to go.
Also Read: Setup Mobile Hotspot On Android
Steps To Enable YouTube Dark Theme
- Open Google Chrome browser on your computer.
- Next, type https://www.youtube.com/ in the URL tab and hit Enter.
- Now, make sure you are signed in your YouTube account. This feature won’t work if you have not signed in. Since youtube is google product so your normal google or gmail login will automatically log you in to youtube account.
- Now, right click on the page and select inspect from the context menu opened. You can go to the inspect window from the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + Shift + I on windows, or Option + Command + I on Mac.
- In the inspect go to the console window, type below command and hit Enter. Now close the inspect window and refresh the page.
[code]var cookieDate = new Date();
cookieDate.setFullYear(cookieDate.getFullYear( ) + 1);
document.cookie=”VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE; expires=” + cookieDate.toGMTString( ) + “; path=/”;[/code]
- Now, click on your profile and move to Dark Theme on/off option.
- Applying dark or black theme now is like switching on a light bulb.
- Dark theme is applied and you can see your screen in dark black mode.
Technology is always fun with every day advancements and improvements. So far the feature is for browser mode only means if you want the same experience within your mobile app then you must have to wait till they release it for mobile application as well.
Customer feedback will definitely help them improve it much better and making it more compatible as well as user friendly for the audience.