3 CBD Drink Recipes for a Deliciously Chill Weekend
Whether you suffer from anxiety, want better sleep at night, or want to experience less aches and pains, you may want to consider trying CBD. There’s growing evidence that CBD is beneficial for a wide range of purposes, including anxiety relief, improved sleep, and pain relief. While CBD is available in a wide range of forms, including oils, capsules, and edibles, drinkable options have skyrocketed in popularity. From lattes to teas to cocktails, CBD Drink Recipes have become the latest and greatest way to benefit from the all-natural, hemp-derived compound.
Want to learn more? Keep reading to learn the ins and outs of CBD along with three CBD drink recipes that will leave you feeling real good.
What is CBD?
CBD, also known as cannabidiol, is a compound that naturally occurs in the hemp and cannabis plants. However, all legal CBD in the U.S. must only use hemp-derived CBD, since the plant naturally has low levels of THC.
Despite what you may have read, eating, drinking, or taking CBD in any other form won’t cause you to get high. In fact, you won’t feel altered in any way. Instead, you’ll most likely feel relaxed and focused.
CBD also offers other benefits, such as pain relief, better sleep, and lowered stress and anxiety. As more research is conducted, we’re learning new uses of CBD, including the possibility of the cannabinoid being used to treat diabetes and addiction.
Things to Know Before Buying CBD
The market is flooded with CBD products. And while it’s nice to have a variety of options to choose from, it also makes the decision-making process a little more confusing. If you’ve never bought CBD before, there are some things you’ll want to know beforehand.
Because of the lack of regulation, there are tons of mislabeled and potentially harmful CBD products on the market. This is why it’s so important to find a quality product that you know is safe.
One of the first things to look at is where the hemp is grown. You only want to buy a product that uses USA-grown hemp. This way you can ensure that FDA standards are met, which can’t be said for hemp grown overseas.
The second factor to consider is if the product has been tested by a third party lab. This is the only way to confirm that the ingredients are safe and that the advertised levels of CBD, THC, and other ingredients are true.
High-quality CBD oil should be tested by an ISO/IEC 17025:2017 accredited lab. This kind of testing confirms that the product isn’t contaminated and doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients such as:
- Heavy metals
While you’re likely to end up paying more for high-quality CBD oil, the extra cost is well worth the peace of mind.
Research is Important
One of the best ways to know that you’ve purchased a quality CBD product is to research not only the product itself, but the brand. You want to know that the CBD manufacturer you’re buying from has history in the industry.
When reading up on brands, look for things such as proof of safe hemp cultivation and CBD extraction processes. You’ll also want to make note of any medical claims, which is illegal according to FDA regulations.
One of the best places to start when researching CBD brands is CBDGrade. The site has all of the information you need to know about a specific manufacturer so that you don’t have to guess whether a brand is worthwhile or not.
Ideally, you’ll want to buy CBD products from a brand that’s known for providing safe, quality products.
Now that you know what CBD is and what to look for when buying it, check out these three drink recipes that will make for the most relaxing, enjoyable weekend (or weekday!) ever.
Lavender Lemon CBD Cocktail
If you’re really looking for chill vibes, this is the cocktail for you. It’s floral, fresh, and is sure to work wonders for your mood and taste buds.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
- 1 cup ice
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 ounces gin
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons CBD oil
- Lemon peel strips, for garnish
- Make lavender simple syrup by combining water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Once the mixture is boiling, reduce heat to low and add the dried lavender.
- Steep the lavender in the syrup for 10 minutes, and then strain into a jar. Let the syrup cool completely.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add rosemary, gin, lemon juice, and 4 tablespoons of the lavender simple syrup. Then add 2 teaspoons of CBD oil.
- Shake for 1-2 minutes then strain the cocktail into a martini glass. Garnish with lemon peel and serve immediately.
CBD Tea Latte
This drink is perfect for those cold fall mornings or evenings when you want something warm to soothe you from the inside out.
- 2 cups milk or milk substitute
- 2 chamomile tea bags (or any kind of tea)
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 10mg CBD oil
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 12 teaspoon ground ginger
- Heat milk in a medium-sized saucepan along with the tea bags. Heat until hot, but don’t bring the liquid to a boil.
- Remove the tea bags and whisk in honey or maple syrup, along with CBD, nutmeg, and ground ginger.
- Using a high speed blender or milk frother, foam the drink to get a latte consistency. Serve immediately.
CBD Cucumber & Ginger Refresher
This drink screams refreshing. The combination of cucumber and ginger is the perfect way to sit back and relax after a long day.
- 3/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 3 cucumber slices
- 1 ounce of ginger beer
- 15mg CBD oil
- Splash of soda water
- Using a cocktail shaker, muddle the cucumber and simple syrup.
- Add lemon juice, CBD oil, and ice and then shake. Strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Top with 1 ounce of ginger beer as well as a splash of soda water. Garnish with a cucumber wheel or lemon slice. Serve immediately.
Would you try any of these CBD drink recipes? Share your own CBD drink recipes in the comments!