Cloud hosting technology has brought new exciting opportunities for business owners including small businesses, allowing them to compete on a global scale. Some small business owners are still having second thoughts about fully embracing the new technology but there’s definitely nothing to be scared and worried about. In fact, there are so many great things to look forward to. In this article, we will share some advantages of cloud hosting for small businesses who are just starting.
What is cloud computing?
First of all, what is cloud computing? Well, to simply put it, it’s computing based on the internet. Before people would run programs or applications from software downloaded on a physical computer or a server in the building, now with cloud computing, it allows people access to the same kinds of applications or programs via the internet. It eliminates the need for the physical server.
So now, let us discuss the advantages of cloud hosting for start-up and small businesses:
1. Reduced costs – for small businesses that are just starting, every penny counts so quest for finding cheaper alternatives that give the same result is indeed a must. You’ll be glad to know that cloud computing means no more expensive purchases of physical servers, databases, and processors. Traditional set-up can be quite expensive but with cloud computing, you can enjoy the same access without paying a high cost.
2. Easy and remote access – another advantage is easy access to your files through cloud servers. You can easily get a hold of your files even when you’re on vacation or even when you’re not in front of your work computer. You can easily access your stored files using your mobile device or laptop. That’s very convenient for people who are always on the go.
3. Improved and greater productivity – since you do not need to be in front of work computer to access files, you can do your work anytime and anywhere. You can be editing documents while stuck in traffic or while having a foot massage.
4. Scaling and flexibility – you do not need to have a big IT department if your budget does not allow because cloud hosting servers are easily managed. Also, cloud computing can scale everything from bandwidth to processing power to help you make sure that you have the resources that you need. Now, if you feel like you need more bandwidth or storage, you can always upgrade depending on your business’ needs.
5. Better collaboration with team members – you do not need to send back and forth emails with big attachments, instead, you can just send the link to where your files are stored and then members of the team can access, edit and save changes.
6. Automatic updates – service providers manage all associated maintenance security tasks on their end making sure that you always have the latest version of the software.
7. Backup and disaster recovery – lastly, cloud computing makes backup and disaster recovery easy because service providers have systems that guard against hardware failure. Also, they perform routine backups to ensure that you will survive even against cyber-attacks.
Those are just some of the advantages of getting from cloud hosting. It is indeed a cheap but very productive and useful investment for your business.