This feature update to windows 10, version 1903 – error 0x80070002 error usually occurs when windows fail to update because of a myriad of reasons.
We will take a moment to find the most common causes and solutions for this feature update to windows 10 error.
Have you noticed windows 10 gets stuck when updating and throws the above error, or it just shuts off when updating?
This problem coincides with the May 2019 windows 10 update to 1903.
Solutions to feature update to windows 10, version 1903 – error 0x80070002
1. Manual Update
Try a manual update to windows 10 version 1903. You can check which version you have by going to Settings > System > About.
If you have a version less than 1903, you need to upgrade to the current version. You will do this by opening the Media Creation Tool from the Windows 10 website and choosing the Download Tool Now.
After that, open the tool and select Upgrade This PC Now. It will save your files, apps, and most settings before updating to the current stable version.
2. Delete the update and download it again.
One of the other standard solutions is deleting the download and then trying to download it again. This is the simplest option, and you can use this option before doing anything else. Many times the update might have been interrupted and caused the files to have a corruption somehow.
The first thing you have to do is get the Windows Update Troubleshooter app from Microsoft. This will help you to delete any unfinished updates lurking on your computer.
3. Reset Windows Update Components
If you are still having a problem, then the next solution to try is resetting the BIOS Version In Windows 10 update components. This will delete all the old update components and install new ones to remove any corruption.
To do this, you need to follow these steps below
- Firstly Press Windows + R, then type services.MSC and finally click ok to open windows services.
- Look around for a service named windows update, then right-click on it and choose stop.
- Follow the same procedure for a service named Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) also SuperFetch.
- After you have successfully stopped these services, minimize the Current window.
- Next open C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download.
- Delete everything in the Download folder.
- Finally, go back to the Services window.
- Start the Windows Update service and all the components that you had stopped earlier.
If you are a Windows user, chances are you often run into some OS errors. Some users are receiving an update error code 0x80070643. It is available for Windows 10 V1507 up to version 1803 of Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057) is already installed. Try these troubleshooting steps to fix The Update for Windows 10 Version – for Error 0x80070643.