VIDEO TDR FAILURE: TDR is (Timeout, Detection, and Recovery. TDR is a window Component. When you find this error, the Graphics card stops Responding and windows will stop to fix the driver error.
The VIDEO TDR FAILURE Error always shows in Blue Colour. When we get the VIDEO TDR FAILURE error message, it means that a dysfunctional graphics card driver or graphics card has a fault. It can be caused by atikmpag.
Depends upon the brand of your Graphics card, you might also encounter a different name for the error.
- NVIDIA Graphics card shows an error as nvlddmkm.sys.
- Intel Graphics card shows an error as igdkmd64.sys.
- AMD or ATI Graphics card shows the error as atikmpag.sys.
Why Does VIDEO TDR FAILURE Error Happen?
There are many reasons which may cause a video TDR Failure:
- Issues with your Graphics card or other PC parts.
- Outdated Graphics card driver.
- Too many applications Running in the Background.
- Overclocked components.
- Component compatibility Issues.
- System OverHeating.
How to Fix Video TDR Failure Error:
Firstly it is most important that to start fixing the Error to stop your system from Reboot. Otherwise, this can make you unable to access your files, making it harder to troubleshoot.
- Update or Reinstall Your Graphics Drivers.
- Tweak your Management Techniques.
- Clean your Components.
- Relace atikmpaq. sys (for ATI or AMD Graphics Card users).
- Change the Intel Graphics Settings for Intel Graphics Users.
1. Update or Reinstall your Graphics Drivers:
The first and foremost thing to do in this situation is to fix any issues with your drivers. Many Users Report that by updating or Reinstalling their drivers, especially the graphics driver, the Error goes away.
Follow the given steps to learn how to update or Reinstall your drivers on windows 10.
- Open Run command by entering Windows Key+R.
- Next Type the command in the Run box as devmgmmt. msc and OK. This will launch the Device Manager.
- Next, click on the arrow next to Display Adaptors to expand it.
- Right-click on your driver and choose Update Driver to Update.
- If you want to Re-install instead, first click on the uninstall device.
- After uninstalling, head over to the manufacturer’s website.
- A search of your graphics card should redirect you to the correct page
- With your Graphics card Download and Install the latest Drive Compatible.
- Restart your computer for Good Results, and test if the issue persists.
2.Tweak your Power Management Settings:
- Open the Search Bar and search Control Panel
- Next Change the View mode to category.
- Then Next Go to Hardware and Sound then click Power Options.
- Click on the Change plan settings you are using for the Next plan.
- Again click the change Advanced Power Settings link.
- Expand PCI Express, then turn Link state Power Management off Entirely.
- Enter Apply to make the changes.
- Last Restart your Computer and check if the issue still exists.
3. Clean your Components.
Overheating is one of the most possible causes of a Video TDR Failure. This can easily occur due to the dirt and residue building up on top of your PC Components. the things you need to pay attention to are Cooling fans, RAM sticks, Graphics Card, and your Processor.
4. Replace the atikmpaq.sys (for ATI or AMD Graphics card Users):
This solution only works for those who use an ATI or AMD graphics card.
- Check your blue error screen displays atikmpag.sys or atikmdag.sys.
- From the Manufacturer’s site Download the latest drivers for your card.
- Then open File Explorer and navigate to Hard disk (c:), Windows, System 32.
- Find atikmdag.sys or atikmpag.sys in Driver Folder.
- And Rename the file by adding .old after the current file name.
And it is very important that you only Rename the file which shows up in your blu screen error message. Leave the other file touched.
- Go to the ATI directory, usually found in C:\ATI, and locate atikmdag.sys or atikmpag.sys. Make sure this matches the Error message.
- Copy the above file and paste the file to your Desktop.
- Search and Open the Command Prompt app.
- Type chdir desktop and press Enter.
Depends upon the file you renamed.
- Type in expand.exe atikmdag.sys_atikmdag.sys and press Enter.
- Or, the type in expand or atikmdag.sys_atikmdag.sys and press Enter.
- Copy the new atikmdag. sys or atikmpag.sys file from your desktop into the driver’s folder in System 32.
- Restart your computer.
5. Change the Intel Graphics Settings for Intel Graphics Users:
To Fix the Error on Windows 10, If you are using Intel Graphics, you can change the graphics settings for Intel HD Graphics.
From the Official site, you need to download and install the Intel Driver Update.
To change the Graphics Settings for Intel Hd Graphics:
- First Right-click the Windows Desktop and select Graphics Properties.
- Select 3D from the control Panel.
Now you can perform these steps:
- Select Enable under the Application Optimal.
- Next Select Use Application settings under Anti-Aliasing.
- Turn off the Conservative Morphological Anti-aliasing.
- Click on Balance mode in general settings.
After completing these steps you can return to the Graphics control panel and these do these things:
- Click on the Video Settings.
- Change Standard Color correction to Application settings.
- Click the Application Settings under the Input Range.
- Then Save Profile and Apply.