Messaging and collaboration platform Novell GroupWise includes several productivity tools for streamlining communication, such as document management, task management, and contact management. It offers its users a secure email and calendaring ability. However, when compared to other platforms in the same category, it is not as promising as it looks. For example, it has fewer features and support options than modern email clients, like Microsoft Outlook. That is why many businesses have either already switched from GroupWise to Outlook or are planning for it. So, when migrating from GroupWise to Outlook, you’ll want to make the process as painless as possible. That’s where a GroupWise to PST converter turns out to be useful. Stellar Converter for GroupWise is one such powerful tool that converts GroupWise mailboxes into PST files in a safe and efficient manner.
The software exports all GroupWise mailbox items, including emails, attachments, notes, calendars, etc. to PST. It supports numerous modes of conversion, including online, remote, cache, and archive. It can also convert multiple GroupWise mailboxes at once.
When Do You Need a Stellar Converter for GroupWise?
- For Migrating from GroupWise to Outlook: This software will assist you in migrating from GroupWise to Outlook. It can convert GroupWise emails and other mail items into Outlook importable PST in a smooth manner. You can then import the PST file into Outlook and access your emails.
- For Sharing Emails: In some cases, you can’t share messages to an alternate platform unless you convert them into a compatible and readable format. The software exports the GroupWise emails to different formats, like MSG, RTF, EML, PDF, and HTML.
- For Migrating from GroupWise to Office 365: If you’re migrating from GroupWise to Office 365, you can directly import the GroupWise data to your Office 365 account, by entering the valid credentials.
- Bulk Conversion: You can convert multiple files in one go by selecting them as a batch.
Minimum System Requirements
Before installing the software, you should check if your system meets the following minimum requirements:
- Processor: Pentium Class
- Memory: Minimum 4 GB (Recommended 8 GB)
- Hard Disk: 250 MB of Free Space
- Operating System: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and Windows Server 2008, 2003
How to Use a Stellar Converter for GroupWise?
To perform successful GroupWise mailbox to PST conversion, follow the instructions as given below:
- Download, install and launch the software.
- Connect with the GroupWise server to access the mailbox items for conversion.
- In the Connect to GroupWise Server dialog box, you’ll get four options in the Conversion Type: Online, Remote, Archive, and Cache.
- Based on the choice of your conversion type, enter the relevant information:
- Online Mailbox to PST
You can use this option to convert your GroupWise mailbox in online mode. When you select this mode, you need to fill the following fields in the next section:
- User ID: Enter the required ‘GroupWise mailbox name’.
- Password: Enter your password that you use for GroupWise login.
- Address: Type the IP address of the server.
- Port: Enter the port number that indicates sender and receiver of messages.
You can use this option to convert GroupWise mailbox in remote mode. When you select this mode, you are required to fill the following fields in the next section:
- Password: Enter your password used for GroupWise login.
- Remote Mailbox Path: Enter the Remote path of your mailbox data items.
3. Cache Mailbox to PST
You can use this option to convert your GroupWise mailbox in cache mode. When you select this mode, you need to fill the following fields in the next section:
- User ID: Enter your required ‘GroupWise mailbox name’.
- Password: Enter your password used for login.
- Address: Type the IP address of the server.
- Port: Type port number to identify the senders and receivers of messages.
- Caching Mailbox Path: Type the path of your Caching Mailbox that saves a duplicate copy of your network mailbox, including messages and other relevant information, present on your local drive.
4. Archive Mailbox to PST
You can use this option to convert your GroupWise mailbox in archive mode. When you select this mode, you need to enter the Archive Mailbox path that stores a copy of your network mailbox, including messages and other relevant information, present on your local drive.
- After choosing your option and entering the relevant details, click OK to go to the next screen. You will get a message ‘Conversion of selected Mailbox completed’. Click OK.
- You can preview the mailboxes after conversion. Then select the items you want to save by clicking the Save button.
- In the next window, select the format in which you want to save the data. You can choose PST (Outlook-supported file format). There are other options as well, like EML, RTF, PDF, HTML, and MSG.
Stellar Converter for GroupWise is available in two editions:
- Corporate Edition: This edition helps convert the GroupWise mailbox into formats, like MSG, RTF, EML, HTML, and PST. You can also export the GroupWise contacts to CSV format in just a few clicks.
- Technician Edition: In addition to the features available in the Corporate edition, you get the option to export/migrate your GroupWise data directly to Office 365. You can also save the converted mailbox data in an existing PST file. The Technician version also provides the option to convert multiple files in one go using Batch Conversion.
Stellar Converter for GroupWise is a powerful and dependable GroupWise to PST converter software that can help you migrate from GroupWise to Outlook or Office 365. With its intuitive and easy-to-understand interface, any user, even without technical expertise, can easily convert multiple GroupWise mailboxes to PST format. You can first use the demo version of the software. Once you are satisfied with the results, you can activate the software to utilize all the benefits.