The Windows 10 Insider Preview updates are not adding new features anymore as of now. Microsoft says that, as they’re now focused on releasing the stable Windows 10 Fall Creators Update soon to the world, they’ll now focus on fixing the bugs & stabilize the builds.
Also, this time. the “Known Issues” part has been omitted from the Release Note. So, from now Insiders will get Bug Fixes & Stability updates for a while.
So, in the “Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16278“, Microsoft Developers mainly included Bug Fixes & some minor changes. We’re listing them below,
- Fixed an issue where upgrading to recent flights would fail if you had a speech for a secondary language installed.
- Fixed an issue where printing from 32-bit apps running on 64-bit versions of the OS was broken when using v3 print drivers on recent builds.
- The ability to take HDR screenshots on your PC via the Xbox app has been removed starting with this build. Planning to re-introduce this feature again in the future.
- Fixed an issue resulting in drag and drop onto websites intermittently not working in Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge would crash after choosing to pin certain websites to Start.
- Fixed an issue where a tab in Microsoft Edge could get in a state where it displayed a tab preview thumbnail even though your mouse wasn’t hovering over the tab.
- Fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge for certain websites where after watching an embedded video full screen then using Esc to return to the page would result in the video controller no longer being visible.
- Fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge where pasting an image to Imgur.com from your clipboard wouldn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where the Emoji Panel’s tooltips could become mixed up.
- Fixed an issue from recent flights resulting in precision touchpads potentially dropping gestures after coming out of sleep.
- Fixed an issue where the battery flyout might incorrectly show “PC not charging” while the device was changing in recent builds.
- Fixed an issue where fonts using shortcuts would become unusable and disappear from the Fonts folder.
- Fixed an issue resulting in multiple apps crashing in the previous flight if you tried to log into the app using Facebook.
- Fixed and issue where Delivery Optimization Group Policy / MDM policy for DOMinFileSizeToCache was ignored and the service defaults were used instead.
An info worth mentioning is that, this has only been released for RS3 builds in the Fast Ring. Microsoft also said that they’re starting to develop RS4 builds & Insiders will soon start receiving them.