So, basically we are in an era when Smartphones with good hardware are getting affordable. This time Huawei takes it to new level by launching the Flagship grade Honor 8 Pro at India with a price tag of just 29999 INR. Even in this kind of Smartphone market, this is actually a very good price point for the kind of hardware it is having.
There are pretty impressive specifications packed inside that include,
- Octa-core Kirin 960 (4 x 2.4GHz Cortex A73 + 4 x 1.8GHz Cortex A53)
- Mali G71 GPU
- 6 Gigabytes Of RAM
- 128 Gigabytes Of Internal Storage
- 12 Megapixels Regular RGB Sensor + 12 Megapixels Monochrome Sensor On The Back With Hybrid Autofocus & f-2.2 Aperture Lens
- 8 Megapixels Front Facing Sensor With f-2.0 Aperture Lens
- 5.7 inch 1440P IPS Display With 515PPI Pixel Density
- 4000 mAh Non-removable Battery With 18W (9V-2A) Fast Charging Support
- Metal Unibody With A Weight Of 184 Grams & Thickness Of 7 mm
- Android Nougat With EMUI 5.1 Skin
These are killer spcs at a very affordable price point of almost 30K INR. Only, complains that can me made probably are the lack of OIS & the small f-2.2 aperture of the Rear camera lenses. So, the amount of the Depth Of Field will be a lot shallower with something like a OnePlus 5. For an OLED Display, we can’t really ask for considering the low price.
But, Huawei has some other good staff packed inside the device including Vulkan API Support for 3D Gaming & that 6 Gigabytes RAM should be more than enough to provide fluid experience in high-end multitasking. So, overall a pretty good package in an affordable price segment. But, we have to see how the consumers respond to it.