Go to File Explorer and visit where you have installed Adobe CC (Mostly the location is ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore.)
If you have an Adobe CC, then you might come across the error code 16, while trying to open your Adobe CC applications. But, there is a very simple solution for this. Before going to the solution, lets know why this error occurs.
What is Error 16:
The error code 16 only occurs, when you have not given enough access to the application folder Or it might occur when there is any DLL file missing. When this error occurs, it might ask you to un-install and re-install the application again.
Also Read: Error Code 80073cf9
Do we really have to Un-install the Application?
No!, there is no need to un-install the application. Even if you try to un-install, you will find another error message “adbeape.dll” file is missing.
For Windows PC:
Solution For Error Code 16:
- First download adbeape.dll file.
- Once you have downloaded the adbeape.dll go to Program and click on Adobe and paste the dll file.
- Once you paste the file on right click on Adobe CC application and “Run as Administrator.“
Right-click in the SLStore folder, and select Properties.
Go to “Attributes“ and deselect Read-Only option.
- Once done click “Apply” and click “OK.“
For Mac OS:
- Go to Finder and Locate to “Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLStore.”
- Select folder and click “Get Info.“
- Click on Share & Permission.
- Click on the “lock icon” at the bottom and unlock it to set permission.
- Permission need to be assigned in the following way.
- System: read/write
- Admin: read only
- Everyone: read only
If you still get error 16, then feel free to ask in the comment below.