ROG Strix GL702ZC Is The Worlds First AMD Ryzen Powered Gaming Laptop !
The last time we were talking about ASUS, we were talking about the World’s First Laptop with a 144 Hz Display. But, ASUS has done another World’s First Thing in the form of a Ryzen Powered Laptop. We are talking about the ROG Strix GL702ZC that was first showcased earlier this year.
Well in this IFA 2017, it was re-showcased & now we know a bit more about the device so, that’s the reason we decided to make this article. So, the main specifications for the device are listed below,
- Display: 17.3 inch IPS 1080P 120 Hz or 75Hz or 60Hz Display options with upto 72% NTSC Color Gamut
- Processor: Ryzen 7 1700 or Ryzen 5 1600
- RAM: Upto 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
- GPU: Rade0n RX 580, 4GB VRAM
- Storage: Upto 512 GB M.2 SATA3 SSD or Upto 1TB 7200 RPM HDD (1 extra M.2 slot supporting PCIe NVMe SSDs)
- Ports: 3 x Type A USB3.0 (USB3.1 GEN1), 1 x HDMI, 1 x SD card reader, 1 x Type C USB3.1 (GEN2), 1 x Microphone-in/Headphone-out jack, 1 x mini Display Port, 1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert, 1X AC adapter plug
- Wi-Fi: Integrated 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth: Version 4.2
- Battery: 4 Cells
- Webcam: HD Webcam
- Weight: ~ 3.2 Kilograms
- OS: Windows 10 Home
So in case you don’t know, the Ryzen 7 1700X is an 8-core 16 Threaded CPU & the Ryzen 5 1600 is an 6-core 12 Threaded CPU. So, coupled with the Radeon RX580, these shall give you pretty good gaming experience. In performance the RX580 spots a middle ground between the GTX 1060 & GTX 1070 offerings from Nvidia. The Display also, supports AMD’s Free Sync to omit Frame Shuttering while playing games.
We don’t have any idea about the Screen Response Time as that was mentioned nowhere. But, as it’s a gaming laptop with high end specifications, the Response Times shall be short.
Read More From IFA 2017