Forklift safety lights need to be installed on forklift trucks for visibility within warehouses, dockyards, and other areas where logistic operations are carried out. A smooth and safe operation can be carried out when all parts of forklifts work properly, which includes its lights. Due to these lights, even pedestrians and other vehicles get to know about the arrival of a forklift.
Forklift Lights and Safety
Companies running logistic operations will have to buy forklift pedestrian safety lights for their forklifts to operate in all conditions. Visibility and safety are important not just for pedestrians and other vehicles, but for forklift operators as well. The use of safety lights may seem unnecessary as forklifts travel at very low speeds, but their weights can cause serious damage at times. Many workers are seen wearing earphones to concentrate on their work, which can get
Top Benefits of Forklift Lights
- Zero Warm-up Time – Forklift LED lights make use of very less power, due to which they do not require being warmed up for giving out light. Both halogens and LEDs are available, and better quality of light is emitted by LEDs.
- Making Borders – A forklift is always heavy and has a large turning radius. Red forklift lights create red zones around these vehicles to warn employees about their movement, thereby preventing accidents due to movement on the same path.
- Lights and Horns – Lights and horns must both be fitted into trucks, with the horns being compulsory as per guidelines from OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration). Forklift operators must remember to decrease speed while moving in cross aisles, for which both lights and horns are necessary.
- Ease of Installation – It takes very little time to install LED lights sold by a reputed company
- Knowing the Forklift’s Speed – Not only can employees know about the direction of the forklift’s lights, but also its speed
- High Durability – LED warning lights installed on forklifts, being very sturdy, are capable of withstanding huge vibrations and shocks.
Buying the Best Forklift Accessories
The smooth operation of a forklift is dependent on several factors, among which the choice of accessories is very important. Parts have to be purchased on a regular basis, and this includes accessories like alarms, forks, wireless cameras, load backrests, radiators, and others. Keep the following points in mind to make proper part purchases, although the parts may also be taken on rent:
- Many Vendors – A number of companies in the US sell forklift parts and accessories. Among them, it is important to choose the one that provides high quality parts, and not necessarily the first one seen.
- Available Mode of Delivery – Important information about freight charges on the ordered products and delivery times must be known beforehand. In several cases, late arrivals can result in significant business losses.
- Locating the Right Serial number – The Serial Number of the forklift and the new part must be compatible with each other for best results
- Maintenance Programs – Several companies selling forklift parts also provide maintenance programs. This takes care of the wear and tear of these forklift parts over a certain period of time.
Always Contact a Reputed Selling Company
The best method for obtaining different types of forklift accessories and getting them to operate in a trouble-free manner is to get in touch with a reliable selling company. Such a company will ensure that parts are always genuine, and customer support is also easily available.
The reason forklift safety lights are used is that they help forklift operators and pedestrians to see, thereby increasing safety levels across the warehouses. Safety lights can be fitted both at the front and the back of a forklift.
As per the guidelines by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the installation of a forklift safety light is not absolutely essential, but definitely favorable. Their benefits far outweigh their disadvantages in the long run.
Types of Forklift Warning Lights
- Sealed Beams – These are very basic types of headlamps. They are the most affordable among these three categories but are also extremely fragile
- Halogen Lamps – They are commonly found on cars all over the world. Installing them is very easy, and they are put in place using connectors.
- LED’s – LEDs are the best quality of forklift warning lights here. They last for the longest duration and are also more durable than the others. For these qualities though, they are priced higher than the other two. For those wanting to get work done in the nighttime, LED’s are the ideal choice.