How to Turn off Sticky Keys Windows 10 – The sticky key is a Microsoft Windows Feature that changes Modifier Keys to stay active, even after pressed and Released. These Sticky Keys enable the user to enter key combinations by pressing keys in sequence.
If you are using a Windows PC you are likely to experience the sticky key by feature. Sticky keys enable the user to enter key combinations by pressing keys in sequence Instead of simultaneously. This may help users who are unable to press the Windows Shortcut key combination.
Sticky Keys is an accessibility feature to assist Windows users with Physical disabilities reduce the kind of movement relative to repetitive strain injury.
To turn off the Sticky key once enable Press the modifier keys ( Shift, Ctrl, Alt, Function, Window key) at the same time.
How to turn off Sticky Keys on Windows 10
We can turn off the sticky key by five Methods. They are
- Temporary Termination with 2-key press Process.
- Turn off Sticky Key from Desktop Icon.
- Turning off Sticky Key On the Unavailability of Icon on the Taskbar.
- Turn off Sticky Key from Control Panel.
- Turning off Sticky Key from Keyboard Settings.
1. Temporary Termination with 2-key press Process
A simple method for turning off the Sticky keys all you can do is to press any 2 function keys from the below together as shown below.
Shift+ Ctrl+Alt or Windows logo key
This will turn this shortcut key off on an immediate basis. But it may be not a Permanent solution.
2. Turning off Sticky from Desktop Icon
- Double click on the Sticky Icon on Task Bar.
- When the Pop-up screen opens, move to the option “Turn on Sticky keys” and Click on to Uncheck the box inside it.
- And Also Uncheck the box that says, Turn on Sticky keys when Shift is Pressed Five times. This will make sure that the key is Turned off permanently and avoid accidental switching on.
3.Turning off Sticky Key On the Unavailability of Icon on the Taskbar
If in case of Sticky keys do not appear on your toolbar then use the given steps.
- Open Windows Icon and Type “Ease of Access“ in the search bar and press Enter.
- Click on “Ease of Access Keyboard settings.” on a new screen.
- At the settings, you can find the “sticky keys” switch as turned on and change the switch to OFF. And also remember to turn off the shortcut switch to avoid future lapsing possibilities.
4. Turning off Sticky Key from Keyboard Settings
- To access settings press the Windows + I key
- Next Scroll, locate, and click on the link “Ease of Access”.
- In the settings page locate the link “keyboard” on the left panel on the page and click on that.
- Once when you open the keyboard settings, locate the “sticky keys” switch and change the switch to Off from settings.
5. Turning off Sticky Key from Control panel
- Open the Run Command by using Windows +R keys together.
- Type “Control” on the Run Command page and enter.
- Press OK and continue to open the Control panel Window.
- Identify “Ease of Access center” on the Control panel windows, & Click on the “change how your keyboard works”.
- Then you will get a Pop-up window showing “Turn on Sticky keys“. Click to Uncheck the box beside this link.
- Press OK to close the Window and Complete the task.