We have been seeing a lot of gaming brands on the market, but one of the known brand Kingston’s subsidiary HyperX is growing quite good. Recently we had seen some products from the brand & it was quite amazing to see such good products from them. Today we are going to talk about their new mechanical keyboard that is the Hyper X Alloy Elite.
The Hyper X Alloy Elite is slightly costly, but the additional features explain the price. In this article, we are going to review the Hyper X Alloy Elite & share you my 1-month experience to help you make the right choice.
Pros & Cons:
|Cherry MX Switches||Heavy|
|Rich built quality||Slightly Heavy Priced|
|Durable Product||Non-RGB Keyboard|
|One Touch Features|
Design & Built:
The built quality of this mechanical keyboard feels quite premium. The keyboard is made up of high-quality material that makes this gaming keyboard heavy. But being heavy has an advantage to it. While gaming/typing you will notice that the keyboard stick to just one place that gives you the better grip. But, if you are looking for something which is portable, then this is not the right machine. With that additional Numb pad, the keyboard becomes a bit wider.
Talking about the design front, the keyboard is quite gaming oriented. On the side of the keyboard, you will see a pattern that enhances the gaming look. Also, the additional button is placed and designed with gaming-centric feel. In the overall design, there is no major complains from the Hyper X Alloy Elite.
With this keyboard, you also get extra silver keycaps (1,2,3, 4, W, A, S, & D) to help re-design your keyboards. This keyboard is available in 3 Cherry MX switches are available in 3 color variant and that are Blue, Brown, & Red switches. What more you get with this mechanical keyboard is a palm rest made up of plastic, which can be used while long session.
The HyperX Alloy Elite comes with some amazing one-touch access feature, which makes this gaming mechanical keyboard different from any other in the market. All these features that we are going to see are all one-touch key access feature that makes the gameplay easy. We will talk about every feature in detail below.
- Light Density Controller: This is one of the coolest things that they have done in the Alloy Elite. Now you don’t have to click multiple keys to control your keyboard light density. With this just one button, you can control how bright you need your keyboard to glow. This button can change the light condition in 3 different modes.
- One-Touch Access To Keyboard Light Effect: This is another cool feature that you will find in this keyboard is that you have just one touch access if you want to change your light effect type. You have access to 5 different keyboard light effects.
- Steady light
- Wave effect
- Special Key highlight (1,2,3,4,W,A,S,D, CTRL & Spacebar)
- Key highlight (Used to highlight the keys pressed)
- Pulse effect
- Game Mode: This is another good feature that you can find on this keyboard. You have all the right to select your game mode in an instant. You will have to save your game present to access this feature.
- Media Buttons: These are a set of Rewind, Play/Pause, Forward and Mute buttons that are easily accessible without struggling for multiple buttons.
- Volum Controller: This is one of my favorite features. The HyperX Alloy Elite comes with this extra volume wheel, which feels like an analog wheel. With this wheel, you have access to control your volume by just scrolling the wheel up or down.
The HyperX Elite comes with 1000Hz polling rate with Anti-ghosting keys and N Key Rollover & if you are a professional game & this small details might matter to you. During our test, we found that the keyboard is quite accurate & responsive. Thanks to the Cherry MX Switches that gives the amazing tactile feel and make the overall gameplay better. The unit I am reviewing has the Red MX Switches.
Talking about the typing experience, I would say that typing on this keyboard is a piece of cake. It might take you some hours to get used to it, but once you are in, the typing experience becomes amazing.
Some Improvement Needed:
Being a machine it is quite obvious that the keyboard would need some improvements. If not in this model, then in the next generation. One of the major improvements that we thought the HyperX Alloy Elite keyboard needs is a software support. With an additional software support, you get better access to your keyboard and can use it according to your custom needs.
The keyboard comes with a huge long wire, which we believe needs to be reduced. It is not necessary that every gamer will have a huge setup on which he/she can adjust, but for any moderate gamer, this will create a major issue.
The HyperX Aloy Elite cost you around INR 9,000 at Amazon & in this price point, this is one of the best mechanical keyboards in the market right now. The overall built quality, performance and features on this Hyper X Alloy Elite is a balance so properly that you cannot find any other keyboard in the market, but if you are only performance orient gamer and want something which is not mechanical, but a gaming keyboard, then we would suggest the BenQ Zowie Celeriats II, which is quite better as compared to any mechanical switch.
If you ask me about my choice, then there is no doubt that about it. I would definitely go for this keyboard at any point. The reason being the keyboard shortcut features and the overall performance justifies the price for the keyboard.