Huawei Announced The Mate 10 Series – This Is All You Need To Know !
The leaks are finally over as Huawei has unveiled their Mate 10 series few hours back & what we got was three new phones. The Mate 10, the Mate 10 Pro & the Mate 10 Pro Porsche Edition are here but, there is no Mate 10 Lite if that matters to you. Anyway, wasting absolutely zero minutes, first I need to list out the specifications…
So, I hope you have gone through the specifications carefully. Now, let’s go through some points related to hardware that many of you were confused with…
- The regular Mate 10 does have a 2K (1440P) screen but it’s LCD & has an Aspect Ratio of 16:9. The Mate 10 Pro & Porsche Edition in other hand, have Full HD (1080P) OLED Displays. So, the Displays are actually better on the Pro & Porsche editions.
- The Mate 10 Porsche edition is basically a Mate 10 Pro with that Porsche design & a higher Storage Capacity of 256 Gigabytes.
- The Batteries are 4000 mAh for all the devices but, the regular Mate 10 will consume comparatively more battery as it has a a Higher Resolution Screen & also as the Panel is LCD.
- The RAM they are using here is LPDDR4X type & the frequency is 1833 mHz.
- The Processing power of the Mali G72 MP12 GPU is around 592.2 Gigaflops.
- Both of the Sim Cards can support 4G & VoLTE at the same time (for Dual Sim variants).
- The Mate 10 does come with a Headphone Jack but, the Pro & Porsche Edition uses the USB Type-C Port for Audio Output. Though, Huawei has included 32-bit Hi-Fi Audio support via. the USB Type-C port.
- Huawei is using Displayport 1.2 technology in the USB Type-C Port to cast the screen to an External Monitor.
- The regular Mate 10 comes with an IP53 Splash resistance while the Mate 10 Pro & Porsche Editions come with IP67 Water & Dust Resistance.
There are also some software enhancements that can be really helpful to the end user. Some of them are worth mentioning so, we’re also listing them below as well…
- The Camera now has AI integration. It can currently recognize 13 Objects & set up a custom configuration to take the best shots for those objects. The list includes,
- Blue Sky
- Night Shot
- The EMUI 8 can now take advantage of that Displayport 1.2 & enable a PC Mode on an external monitor without needing an external dock.
- The software is also claimed to have much shorter response times compared to the older Huawei Smartphones.
So, overall the Mate 10 series seems to be a Good package overall. Huawei also claims that using the AI capabilities of Kirin 970, they’re much faster in certain processing (ex: Image Processing) capabilities compared to the Snapdragon 835 & even the Apple A11 Bionic chip.
But, one thing we didn’t like is the price. At a Price of 699 Euros (~823 USD) the regular Mate 10 looks way too much overpriced. The Mate 10 Pro costs 799 Euros (~941 USD) which also seems to be pretty high. Also, the Mate 10 Porsche Edition costs around 1395 Euros (~1642 USD) & this one seems to be one of the Highest prices any brand has ever put up for a similarly engineered device that just differentiates itself with a slightly different design & a higher storage capacity. So, we were kinda disappointed with the pricing of the devices.
Anyway, judging from the pure hardware & software perspective, The Mate 10 series looks a pretty compelling one. So, Huawei is getting a thumbs up for that. So, what do you think about the Mate 10 series ? let us know in the comments section below. Also, if you have any other questions, we’ll be happy to answer them.