|Developer||Read it Later, Inc|
|Application Type||Online Utility / News and Magazines|
|First Launched||2007 (Rebranding 2013)|
|Latest Version||5.6.6 (for iOS)|
1.6.2 (for Mac)
Varies with device (Android)
|Supported Platforms||Android, iOS, Kobo, Windows phone, Blackberry, Kindle Fire, Symbian, Windwos, Mac OSX, Web Browser (via Add-on store eg: Chrome Web Store), WebOS|
|Supported Apps||Over 500 (including Twitter, Flipboard. Tweetbot, Pulse, Zite, Onion etc)|
|Minimum Requirements||iOS 7.0 or later,|
Android 4.0 or later,
Internet browser on PC / Mac (almost all versions supported)
Stable and Fast Internet Connection
|Content Rating||Rated for 3+|
|Price||Free (in app purchases)|
Pocket, earlier known as Read it Later, is one of the oldest bookmarking applications available. Essentially it allows users to save and manage articles and videos on the internet viewed on almost any platform for later reading. What separates it from the inbuilt bookmarking features of regular web browsers is that is syncs across various platforms and supports over 500 apps. Moreover, saved articles can be viewed in absence of an internet connection during commutes. It even allows users to send their links and articles of interest to others or themselves as well as other Pocket users by email. Thus, be it on your PC, Mac, Mobile, Tablet etc you can seamlessly keep track of important pages and links to in short Read it Later.
- 3 full-screen reading modes for Day and Night.
- Organize articles with ease. Also supports searching and Tagging
- Unlimited storage to keep all the articles and videos you save in one place.
- Support for over 500 apps including Flipboard, Twitter, Zite and much more.
- Easily share anything from Pocket to Evernote, Twitter, Facebook or a Friend.
- Desktop Browser extensions for Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer lets you save anything from your Desktop to your Phone and Tablet with ease.
- Save data with wi-fi only syncing.
- Optimizes pages and articles for easy viewing on any platform, mobile, tablet or PC
- Home screen customization (tile and list views)
- Share articles with friends via email or by the Pocket App itself
- Allows users to save embedded videos in articles for later viewing
- Personalize your reading experience, by changing the font, colour scheme, background and pretty much everything in between.